Hours of work: Professional but flexible hours, 09:30 – 17:00 Mon to Fri
Reporting line: CTO
Package (permanent): £ depending on experience
Location: preferably Edinburgh, but flexible – can be London or remote
Overview of company
Snugg’s purpose is to make improving home energy efficiency simple and affordable for everyone. We are developing a highly engaging consumer platform that provides personalised, data-driven recommendations to homeowners on how to improve the efficiency of their homes, reducing energy bills and lowering carbon emissions. We also connect users to available grants, financing options from banks and trusted installers to complete the work, tracking savings through smart meters.
Snugg is a new, fast-growing start-up, based out of the Bayes Centre in Edinburgh, at the heart of data science and innovation within Scotland. We are looking to build a diverse team of ambitious, creative individuals who care about the global drive to achieving net zero. We are well funded and currently recruiting other skillsets on a permanent or contract basis.
Snugg aims to help the UK take at least a million tonnes of carbon out of our emissions per year and help towards our net zero aims.
Overview of role:
We’re looking for a someone who is keen to be the lead front end developer of a start-up product, owning the development approach, setting the tech direction and being the hands on creator of a product which will help to achieve climate goals within the UK and beyond.
The role will oversee development of a new web app product built using next.js/React and TypeScript, working with an internal team of 3, a 3rd party build team and some freelance developers. This will include solution design, hands on development of sections of the application and code reviews of the team’s work.
The role will also involve working with Snugg’s internal creative resources (UX & design), technical / functional architect and product owner to bring the product vision to life.
Key candidate attributes:
- Proven experience developing/architecting technology solutions for modern web apps.
- Ambition to lead and define a high profile technical solution including hands-on coding.
- Experience of robust, secure systems in regulated industries (e.g. financial service) will be advantageous
- Project delivery throughout the whole project development lifecycle.
- Ownership of the technical development as part of the overall project plan including hands-on coding and code reviews of third parties.
- Close collaboration with product/design to define solutions and provide technical input
- Covering the tech lead role on client implementations
- Technology selection and input to vendor selection processes, including proof of concept work.
- Compiling tech specs and tech architecture based functional specs and/or Figma prototypes.
- Defining application layers/tiers.
- Ongoing environment setup and configuration,
- Establishing coding and security standards.
- Hiring and mentoring more junior team members
How to apply
Please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org